Aravali Global Arbitrage Fund
Aravali Global Arbitrage Fund is a Caymans Islands registered Discretionary Macro Hedge Fund. It focuses on arbitrage strategies in FX, commodities, rates and volatility through active market making and spread driven trading. It targets to generate 10% p.a. consistent returns with low volatility and drawdowns. It has not had a negative year of returns since inception. As a result the volatility is low and the Sharpe ratio among the highest on our platform. Why this Fund ?
- 1. Consistent low volatility (max drawdown of 0.9%) with a high Sharpe ratio
- 2. Focus on positive stable returns while investing in highly liquid assets
- 3. Experienced Fund Managers (since 2014) with a single strategy
Pimco Emerging Markets Bond E ACC Fund
The Emerging Markets Bond Fund is an actively managed portfolio consisting primarily of fixed income securities from issuers in, or economically tied to, emerging, or developing countries. The fund may make tactical investments in non-benchmark local currencies and instruments besides US Dollars. It offers efficient exposure to emerging markets, potential for attractive risk-adjusted returns and low correlations to other asset classes. And at the same time, has higher risks & volatility including currency fluctuations and political or economic developments than higher rated securities from developed markets.
Blackoak Investors LP Class A - Growth
BlackOak is a UK Alternative Investment Fund seeking long term capital growth through acquisition & trading of life insurance policies (“Life Settlements”) issued by highly rated life insurers. It targets 10-15% IRR with low volatility. It has a diversified portfolio across carrier concentration (Max 15%), life expectancy (<7yrs) and age (>80yrs). It is run by a highly experienced Fund Manager. Meant for medium term investors on account of reduced liquidity of underlying assets. Why this Fund ?
- 1. Consistent low volatility with 95% positive months and stable returns
- 2. Highly Experienced Fund Managers with 30yr experience
- 3. Unusual asset class uncorrelated with financial markets
Kotak India Fixed Income -A(USD) ACC
The Fund invests in INR denominated debt securities issued by central / state governments or Indian linked corporates. Majority of the fund’s holdings are held in Sovereign or AAA rated debt. The Fund is subject to INR currency risk, sovereign risk of India, regulatory changes and various political and geopolitical risks besides interest rate and credit risks. It is suitable for investors with a medium to long term investment horizon and a bullish view of the Indian economy and political environment. The Investment Manager Kotak Mahindra Asset Management MAS regulated. It is structured as an unregistered private sub fund of Kotak Funds, which is an open-ended investment company organised as a UCITS V Compliant SICAV in Luxemburg and regulated by Luxembourg's CSSF.
LionGlobal Short Duration Bond
The Short Duration fund is a low-cost SGD bond fund with a defensive (low duration) positioning of between 1-3 years. It is benchmarked to the 12mth SGD Interbank Offer Rate (SIBOR) – 0.25% and is suitable for investors looking for a Fixed Deposit equivalent. It is managed from a SGD perspective with majority of securities being SGD denominated or SGD Hedged. There is no target industry or sector and while they may invest in sub-investment grade securities, the portfolio credit rating is maintained at BBB or better. Given liquidity preference, most of the bonds tend to be in the Financial or Real Estate sectors. Why this Fund ?
- 1. Suitable for investors looking for Fixed Deposit equivalent with a horizon > 1 year
- 2. Low-cost SGD Bond Fund, investing across Singapore and international bonds predominantly in high quality instruments
- 3. High sharpe ratio (1.45) with defensive/low duration positioning (2.18 years)
Pimco Diversified Income E ACC Fund
The Diversified Income Fund provides efficient access to broad global credit market exposure by investing primarily in a diversified pool of corporate and emerging market fixed income securities of varying maturities. The fund benefits from a diversified approach to macroeconomic views on credit trends, interest rates, duration, currencies, and curve positioning. It offers a potentially higher yielding alternative to core fixed income portfolios and low correlation to US, Japanese and German government interest rates.
AB American Income Portfolio
American Income fund is an actively managed highly diverse (1,200+ holdings) portfolio of USD fixed income securities with a 20+yr track record. The fund dynamically balances exposure between high-yield emerging markets for better returns and high-quality government bonds for more stability. However, 50% of the portfolio will be Investment Grade or better and most of the investments US centric (at least 65%). The fund may also use derivatives up to 50% of portfolio value for risk management.
LO Asia Value Bond - P (USD) ACC
LO Asia Value Bond Portfolio is an actively managed, long only fund investing in Asian hard-currency bonds predominantly in USD across the debt capital structure (senior, subordinate) and debt classes (sovereigns, corporates, financials) The fund uses an unconstrained approach to avoid inherent biases in indices and uncover undervalued positions through fundamental top down and bottom up research. The fund seeks to generate a total return (gross of fees) of 4 to 6% and outperform its benchmark “JPM Asia Credit Index” over a 3-5 year period. This is reflected in its returns over the past 1/3/5 years (before & after fees). The fund takes higher risk than its BM and has an average credit rating of BBB- vs BBB+.
LionGlobal SGD Enhanced Liquidity
The SGD Enhanced Liquidity fund is a low-cost low risk fund designed for investors seeking to preserve capital, enhance income, and maintain a high level of liquidity. The fund contains a diverse portfolio of short-term & high-quality fixed income securities primarily from Singapore & China. It maintains a weighted average portfolio credit rating of A- and a weighted average duration of around 12 months. Why this Fund ?
- 1. Low cost (25bps) highly liquid/ low risk SGD money market fund
- 2. Its size (SGD 500m) makes it efficient in execution & a good alternative to cash deposits
- 3. Low volatility with weighted average portfolio credit rating of A- and duration of 12 months
Goldman Sachs Asia High Yield Bond Portfolio - BS (USD) ACC A
GS Asia High Yield Bond Portfolio invests in US dollar sub-investment grade fixed income securities issued by corporates with Asian exposure. They can also use derivatives for hedging. The fund seeks to outperform its benchmark ICE BofA Asian Dollar High Yield Corporate Constrained Index by 250-300 bps and has outperformed by 162 bps pa. over the past 5 years. But it mirrors the benchmark closely in terms of risk. Average Credit rating is higher at BB vs BB- of the benchmark. The fund benefits from attractive spreads in the High Yield Asia Credit market but given the regional concentration (mainly China & India) the fund carries higher risk than a global high yield portfolio.
UOB United SGD Fund
The United SGD Fund is a low-cost SGD bond fund with a defensive (low duration) positioning of between 1-2 years. It is benchmarked to the 6mth SGD Interbank Bid Rate (SIBID) and is suitable for investors looking for a Fixed Deposit equivalent. It seeks to provide higher yields than fixed deposits or money markets funds. It is managed from a SGD perspective with majority of securities being SGD denominated or SGD Hedged. The bonds in the portfolio are SG, China or HK issued and diversified across sectors. Why this Fund ?
- 1.One of Singapore largest SGD fixed income funds with AUM in excess of USD 1b
- 2. Has won multiple awards since its inception in 1998
- 3. Relatively low-cost fund providing stable returns over the medium term
LionGlobal SGD Money Market Fund
The SGD Money Market fund invests only in Investment Grade short-term money market instruments and debt securities. It manages liquidity and risk while looking to provide a return comparable to that of SGD short-term deposits. It invests across the region but would hedge non-SGD instruments to protect the fund from currency exposure risk. Its top sector exposure includes financial, real estate, sovereign and Industrial.
UBAM Dynamic US Dollar Bond A
UBAM Dynamic US Dollar Bond invests in high grade investment bonds. It has a diversified portfolio of short duration/ floating rate USD notes issued by corporates. Fund portfolio has an average rating of BBB/A and maximum average maturity duration of 24 months. The fund may invest 10% of net assets in emerging markets and 20% of net assets in High yield Bonds. The fund is actively managed and benchmarked against SOFR Overnight rate. The current portfolio (Jun21) is well-diversified across 130 holdings with an average credit rating of A- and a portfolio yield of 0.4$. The fund invests in developed markets and has near-zero interest-rate risk.
Goldman Sachs USD Liquid Reserves I ACC
The US$ Liquid Reserves fund is an alternative to cash deposits and is meant for managing short term liquidity. It invests exclusively in high quality money market securities and instruments with a focus on preservation of capital and maintenance of liquidity. The fund’s top sector exposure includes time deposits, commercial papers (finance & asset-backed) and sovereigns (treasury bills) and weighted average maturity is below 30 days. Why this Fund ?
- 1. Low cost (20bps) highly liquid/ low risk USD money market fund
- 2. Its size (USD 35b) makes it efficient in execution & a good alternative to cash deposits
- 3. Invests exclusively in high quality money market securities
Emergent Ventures II
Emergent is a Silicon Valley based seed-stage venture firm. It invests in category-defining startups at seed and early stages. The minimum investment amount is USD 50,000 which will be deployed in 5 capital calls of 10,000 p.a. over the span of 5 years post subscription. Investment Strategy The firm specializes in US Intelligent Enterprise Software (AI/Data/SaaS) start-ups with tech teams in countries such as India. US-India companies constitute over 20% of all enterprise software unicorns in the US and Emergent seeks to support these companies at the seed stage with an initial 10-15% ownership & board positions. Key Sectors
- Intelligent Software Intelligent Software is the next generation of enterprise and B2B software that gets smarter with use. Intelligent Software is often fueled by AI, Machine Learning and modern data processing techniques. It efficiently leverages data coming from customer use, third parties, or from IoT devices such as sensors, cameras, smart devices and robots. We believe that Intelligent Software has the potential to re-invent and transform a wide range of industry verticals and business functions to bring customers higher efficiency, new revenue streams, automation and ease of use. Our Intelligent Software focus includes the underlying Cloud and Infrastructure Software that makes the application layers more functional and feasible.
- Smart Mobility Smart Mobility is the tech-enabled reinvention of the multi-trillion dollar Transportation and Logistics industry, and includes segments such as personal mobility, modern B2B logistics, delivery networks and vehicle electrification.
- 1. Fund 1 (2017 vintage) is at over 4X MOIC and over 40%+ net IRR
- 2. Fund 2 (launched in 2020) where there is an opportunity to add on, is already at 1.5X MOIC across 10 investments; has made one quick exit at ~4X ROI and three significant 2.5-4X markups
- 3. Reputed VC firms such as Accel, Bessemer, Canaan, General Catalyst, Insight, Lightspeed, Menlo, Scale, Storm have invested in the fund’s portfolio companies at significantly higher valuations